Things to know about WhatsApp new update:-
- WhatsApp now has 200 million monthly active users in India.
- The whats app has reached this milestone with adding 40 million users in only three months.
- First of all, it had 160 million monthly active users in November.
- WhatsApp is celebrating the 8th birthday and that too in fashion!
- A new feature is known as ‘status’, a brand new tab for sharing pictures, films, and GIF’s , so about disappearing after 24 hours.
As a user, you’ll be able to watch the Status updates posted by friends, reply to them and share your own posts.
- The new feature allows you to share pictures and videos along with your friends and contacts.
This is very similar to Snapchat’s feature.
The status updates are end-to-end encrypted.
Whats App secures your status in a clean and secure way
Whats App started testing the new Status feature while back and is now adding it to the app.
This will be available on Apple’s iOS, Android smartphones platform.
- WhatsApp said to restore the old status function as “Tagline”
ALSO READ:- 5 cool tips & tricks of Whatsapp messenger
If u still not got this feature:-
- GO to ‘Play Store’ app on your Device in that click on my apps & games.
- Now it will show the apps which required to update.
- Now open the whats app and tap on ‘update’ button.
- Once the app is updated.
- You will see the new Status feature in between the Chats and Calls sections.
Jan Koum, the CEO, and co-founder of WhatsApp inside the chat messenger’s blog.
“we are excited to announce that, coinciding with WhatsApp’s 8th birthday on February 24, we are reinventing the status feature. starting today, we’re rolling out an update to status, which allows you to share pictures and videos along with your friends and contacts on WhatsApp in a clean and secure way. sure, even your status updates are end-to-end encrypted”.