Having an efficient and reliable geyser is crucial for meeting the hot water needs of any home. For small families of 4-5 people, a geyser with 15 litre capacity is usually optimal, being able to deliver adequate hot water while being more energy efficient than higher capacity options.Among 15 litre geysers, two excellent choices are the V Guard Divino and Victo models. In this detailed blog post, I will compare the V Guard Divino and Victo 15 litre geysers across various. I will look into how they are different in terms of heating element, mineral deposit prevention, energy efficiency, outer and inner body material.
Now let us analyze how the V Guard Divino and Victo 15 litre geysers compare to each other on some important parameters:
Heating Element: The Divino comes equipped with a copper heating element while the Victo uses stainless steel. Copper is considered better than stainless steel when it comes to heating efficiency and corrosion resistance. The high conductivity of copper enables faster water heating with less energy usage. It also has anti-scaling properties.
Safety Features: Both models include safety mechanisms like thermal cut-out and pressure release valves. Additionally, the Divino comes with a multi-function safety valve that provides all-round protection against pressure build up, vacuum formation and dry heating by cutting off power.
Temperature Control: The Victo 15 litre geyser features an adjustable thermostat that allows temperature settings between 35 to 75 degree Celsius. The V Guard Divino on the other hand has a manual knob for temperature control without a thermostatic mechanism. The thermostat in Victo enables more precise temperature control.
Energy Efficiency: With BEE 5 star ratings, both geysers are very efficient in their energy usage. The extra thick PUF insulation minimizes heat loss and improves savings. Here the Divino may have a slight edge as its insulation capacity is higher compared to the Victo model.
Cost: In terms of upfront cost, the Victo 15 litre geyser is around 20% more economical than the V Guard Divino. However, in the long run, the operating costs of the two models even out as both are 5 star BEE rated.
Aesthetics: The exterior design and looks of the Divino are more modern, elegant and sleek compared to the basic aesthetics of the Victo 15 litre variant. This makes the Divino model more appealing.
After Sales Service: When it comes to after sales service, V Guard offers better support coverage across India through its larger network of service centers compared to Victo.
Water Hardness Tolerance: With its copper heating element and vitreous enamel coated tank, the Divino is better equipped to handle hard water usage than the Victo model. This gives it an edge for use in regions with high water hardness.
Installation: Both geysers are fairly straightforward to install. The Divino comes with a user manual that provides step-by-step instructions on assembling the pressure release valve, water inlet and outlet connections, along with the electrical connections. Victo also provides installation guidance in the user manual.
Durability: The vitreous enamel coating and copper element give Divino better corrosion resistance. The stainless steel tank of Victo is also durable, but copper is longer lasting. The 7 year warranties on the tank by both brands ensures longevity.
Performance: In terms of heating speed and delivery of hot water, the copper element gives Divino faster heating times while using less energy. Victo may take 10-15% longer to heat up the water. Both can adequately meet the hot water demands of a family of 4-5 members.
Here is a table summarizing the key specifications and features of the V Guard Divino and Victo 15 litre geysers:
To summarize, the V Guard Divino comes with a superior copper heating element, enamel coated tank, multi-function safety valve and sleeker aesthetics. The Victo 15L offers a thermostatic temperature control, budget pricing and stainless steel tank. Use this comparison to choose the right 15 litre geyser as per your priorities!
Which One Should You Buy?
- For maximum efficiency and performance, the V Guard Divino is highly recommended, despite its slightly higher price point. The copper heating element, vitreous enamel coated tank, superior 8 bar pressure rating and multi-function safety valve make it a smarter long term investment.
- The Victo 15 litre geyser is a good budget buy option for its affordable pricing coupled with decent features like 5 star rating, stainless steel tank and thermostatic temperature control. But it lags behind in aspects like heating efficiency and corrosion resistance.
- For areas with hard water, the Divino is certainly a better choice as its copper element and enameled tank can handle hard water usage more effectively compared to the Victo model. This gives it an edge in parts of India with higher water hardness levels.
- For high rise apartments, the ability of Divino to withstand pressure up to 8 bars makes it ideal, while Victo with its 8 bar rating also works well for tall buildings. Those looking for a geyser specifically for high rises would be better off with the Divino.
- For its superior copper heating element, enamel coated tank, 8 bar pressure rating, multi-function safety valve and modern aesthetics, our verdict is that the V Guard Divino is the better overall product compared to the Victo 15 litre geyser.
- The Victo is a decent budget option but falls short of the Divino when it comes to vital aspects like heating efficiency, corrosion resistance and safety mechanisms.
- We recommend choosing the V Guard Divino 15 litre water heater as the wiser long term choice, even if it costs a bit extra initially. The Divino delivers better performance, safety, durability and efficiency.
- Make sure to get professional installation and maintenance done annually by authorized service agents for the optimum performance and longevity of your geyser. Investing in a quality product like the Divino will prove worthwhile over years of usage.
So go ahead and bring home the superior water heating solution in the form of the V Guard Divino 15 litre geyser!
I hope this detailed comparison of the V Guard Divino and Victo 15L geysers has provided you clarity to choose the best one as per your needs. Please let me know if you need any other information to make your buying decision.